Federal government health insurance is an accepted financial source.
We’re Here To Help With The Details
Our team will help you navigate through the financial admission process. We accept numerous payment options. We identify and determine eligibility for a short- or long-term stay with us. There are exceptions, so please consult with one of our business office team members to discuss your specific circumstances.
*Plans vary by facility. Please consult a business office manager at a facility.
Medicare Part A is a federal health insurance program that guarantees access to health insurance for Americans aged 65 and older who have worked and paid into the system. Younger people with certain disabilities are also eligible to receive Medicare regardless of income.
Coverage through Medicare requires that you meet all of the following:
- You have Medicare Part A* (Hospital Insurance) with days left in your benefit period.
- You have a qualifying inpatient hospital stay of 3 consecutive days or more and you must enter the skilled nursing facility (a SNF) within a short period following hospital discharge depending on your plan.
- Your doctor has ordered skilled nursing facility services you need, which require the skills of professional personnel such as registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, etc.
- You require skilled care daily, and the services must be ones that can be provided only in an SNF on an inpatient basis.
Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that helps low-income Americans pay for long-term care. Medicaid eligibility for long-term care is determined by the State of Texas; not by the facility.
How do I qualify?
- Must be a resident of Texas and U.S. citizen or alien with approved status (e.g., legalized or permanent resident alien).
- Additional financial and medical necessity requirements must be met.
Regency Integrated Health Services has a Medicaid Eligibility Processing Department (MEPD) staffed with experienced Medicaid Specialists dedicated to assisting families navigate steps to obtain Medicaid approval and qualify for Texas Medicaid.
Applying for Medicaid can be confusing and our team can assist you with those tough questions. We offer specialized services FREE of charge. Many elder law attorneys, and third-party Medicaid assistance companies charge thousands of dollars for their services.
Our MEPD Services:
- Help you to gather the right information to apply for Medicaid.
• Provide a dedicated Medicaid specialist.
• Draft Qualified Income Trust documents, and notarize Power of Attorney paperwork.
• Provide helpful and individualized assistance.
• Support you through the eligibility process from start to finish.
Managed Care and Private Insurance
Our locations accept many commercial and Medicare Advantage care insurance plans. Most plans require prior authorization before admission. We will also be able to verify co-pays and additional out-of-pocket fees that you may be required to pay.
We are proud and honored to accept Veteran’s Administration Insurance at some of our locations. If you’re enrolled in VA health care, some nursing home, short or long-term skilled care benefits are covered; however, you may still need to pay a copay for some covered services.
For services that are not covered under VA insurance, you may be able to pay through Medicaid, Medicare, or your own private insurance.
Out-of-pocket funds can be used to fund your nursing care. This may include pension funds, investment proceeds, personal savings, and several others.