April 28, 2020
An Open Letter to Our Extended Regency Integrated Health Services Families
Dear Families and Friends,
As one of the largest providers of nursing home and rehabilitation services in Texas, we at Regency Integrated Health Services have a tremendous responsibility to protect and care for each patient and staff member inside our facilities. It’s a responsibility we take to heart. We want to thank you for trusting us to care for your loved ones. As we continue to navigate through this unprecedented crisis, our top priority is keeping our patients healthy and safe. I would like to share more on how we are doing that inside every facility.
You may recall it was the first week of March, early in the virus outbreak, we began to prepare for what would be one of the most challenging times in history for every health care facility across the country. We assembled an Emergency Preparedness Committee consisting of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare experts to develop a coordinated COVID-19 plan. We began working with vendors to secure the equipment we would need to protect patients, families and staff. Today we continue to communicate daily with our vendors to ensure each facility has the protective gear needed.
We implemented changes to our protocols, including the immediate closure of each of our facilities to all volunteers and non-essential visitors. While it was a difficult decision, we know it was the right thing to do. Since then, we have taken many additional measures to reduce the risk to patients and staff. Some of these measures include:
- Secured personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff at each facility
- Established guidelines for proper handling of PPE before and after staff member shifts
- Provide ongoing training of employees to ensure all are compliant with guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as standards set by local and state agencies
- Daily health screenings for patients and staff, including temperature checks
- For facilities with COVID-19 positive patients, we have created isolated spaces for the assessment and treatment of all COVID-19 patients, with physical barriers.We have also designated specific staff to COVID-19 only patients, with no duties elsewhere in the facility
- Eliminated community dining. Patients are served in their rooms, with exceptions for those who require assistance
- Deployed snack and hydration carts to rooms to ensure patients can enjoy their favorite treats
- Provide on-site meals to staff to help limit community spread of COVID-19
- Enhanced housekeeping protocols in all high touchpoints and resident use areas
- All personal laundry is now done by the facility, to ensure all CDC guidelines are followed
- Eliminated group therapy Services- now only one- to one
- Practice social distancing throughout our facilities
- Prohibited visitors and volunteers from entering the building
- Enabled video chat technology between our patients and families and friends so that they can stay connected
- Our corporate office has employed new systems to ensure all additional monitoring and reporting from facilities can be effectively tracked
Each day, we receive updated guidelines from various federal, state and local public health agencies. Regency has incorporated these recommendations, including notifying proper state officials if a patient or staff member tests positive for the virus. We are also in constant communication with all our facility administrators ensuring new protocols are understood and enforced and that every staff member is well equipped with the tools they need to stay healthy so that they can continue to care for our patients.
We are committed to addressing every new challenge this pandemic brings, while remaining true to our core mission of providing care to those who need it most. Thank you for allowing us to care for your loved ones, it is our privilege to serve our patients and their families.
**COVID-19 Visitation Announcement**
effective March 13, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Dear Friends and Family Members,
response to the Coronavirus continues to evolve, Regency Integrated Health
Services (RIHS) is working closely with local and state authorities to define a
plan to limit the spread of this virus.
safety of our residents, employees, family, and visitors remains RIHS’s highest
priority. As the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) outbreak continues, RIHS is
monitoring the situation closely and is following the CDC recommended
guidelines for all areas of its business and will continue to do so.
RIHS is initiating the following
precautions to help combat this outbreak:
will not be allowed unless permission is given by administration
all non-essential vendor interactions
access to the facility via one entrance for staff and vendors
all non-medical appointments and activities outside of the facilities
The greatest way to support keeping
all residents and staff safe is to limit potential exposure and proper
handwashing by everyone.
Thank you for your cooperation during
Regency Integrated Health Services
Regency Integrated Health Services
We understand each patient has unique needs and goals. As an experienced post-acute company working in a diverse range of healthcare roles, we take pride in our staff and the quality of care we deliver daily.
Trained in Unique Services
We encourage our staff to seek industry and company certifications to improve the quality of care they deliver in each home. Many nurses are Wound Care Certified, Respiratory Care Certified, Certified to administer IV Therapies, and Certified in Orthopedic Transfers.
In-House Rehabilitation Therapy
Regency facilities offer an in-house and full-time rehabilitation environment. This means our residents see the same occupational, speech or physical therapists daily. Providing consistent care enhances the patients outcome and the overall comfort of you and your loved ones.
We understand the importance continuing education plays in the overall success for our employees. Providing our staff with avenues for success is critical in this ever-changing industry. We offer multiple training programs to push our employees forward.