July 23, 2021
Dear Families and Friends,
We hope this letter finds that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Texas is seeing a surge in COVID-19 cases due to a rise in infections related to the COVID-19 Delta variant. We remain vigilant in monitoring and testing to identify any potential cases of our staff and patients.
Due to the increasing prevalence of the COVID-19 Delta Variant in our communities, we felt it was prudent for the safety of our patients, staff and community to make a few changes to the visitation protocols.
- All visitations, effective Monday July 26, 2021, will be by appointment only; this includes Essential Caregivers, End of Life and Normal Visitation.
- We are asking that you contact the facility to schedule the visit.
- No more than 2 visitors will be allowed in the facility at a time per patient.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry to the facility.
- All visitors will be required to wear a surgical mask at all times at a minimum.
- Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required and supplied including a N95 mask, a gown, and a face shield/ googles if visiting a loved one in a COVID-19 unknown unit.
- Visitors will not be permitted to eat or drink with patients. A patient may eat while a visitor is present.
- All visits will have a 2-hour time limit. If there is a special need to visit for a longer period, please reach out to the facility Administrator and we will do our best to accommodate the need.
- If you are sick, please stay at home until you have recovered.
Our goal is to ensure that all patients are able to visit their families and friends. Currently our greatest priority is to keep our patients, staff, you, and our community safe. We will be offering COVID-19 testing at no charge to Essential Caregiver Visitors. If you would like to be tested; please contact the facility before your visit.
Vaccination is the key to controlling the spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant; as an organization we continue encourage all to be vaccinated and will have on-going vaccination clinics. If you are currently not vaccinated and would like to be, please reach out to a Regency facility to attend an upcoming vaccination clinic. Your understanding and support are much appreciated.